Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Futuristic Prison Book (Rough)

reboot, warm up, and begin again, humans and machines aren’t so different after all.

Blood tastes metallic. The beheaded blades that pricked my ears, produced a dry bitter addition to the stew that know sat idly in the back of my throat. If only I could move, I would sit up and spit this vile concoction out.

The room was bare, stone walls on ever side, as if it was cut directly from the innards of a mountain. It was understandable. The walls were pain, the floor was pain, the guards’ shoes were pain, this chair was pain. And so I sat there, helplessly as they prepared me for what I could only describe as an excruciating journey to an equally as unfamiliar place. Two guards on either side secured me to the chair and then secured the chair to the floor. The man dressed as a doctor returned, and just as he had the last time, put on the protective suit without uttering a word to anyone in attendance. They respected him, I could tell. But they did not respect his skill, his trade or the man under the scrubs. The respected and feared the power he wielded, as humans respect the devil enough to avoid him. The first time I had not understood this submersing fear that entrenched all of those subordinates present. The man, now fully clothed in armor, quickly remedied my misunderstanding with a simple push of a button on our last encounter.

As soon as the doctor pressed whatever button sat boldly protruding from the panel in front of him a vacuumed sucked me into a long causeway to hell. Within seconds the body began convulsing; it seemed only natural with such unnatural acts being attempted.

My brain became another lowly prison guard, fearful of the chemicals this man had at his disposal. For now I preferred not to think about it. It would happen soon enough and maybe with a little luck it would be a sunny day out this time. Perhaps there was something to look forward to, a shimmer of sunlight through the iron maidens eyes.

I If only it were possible to return to such a time when fates .

I felt my eyes sink further and further. My head jerked back involuntarily, as the waves of increasing pain began. I had only been subject to it once before. I knew very little about the process, but knowledge was unneeded to know that it was wrong to subject human beings to such treatment. Even murderers deserved better. Truly they are savages and I am sure that the worst is less than they deserved, but this process was not fit for this world.

No comments: