Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More Ideas for intro Of prison book

Cold afternoons rarely produce pleasant evenings. Today would be no exception. The wind howled, passing over open windows like whistles. As the heavens screamed, angry at man for constructing such heretical edifices, that inevitably would fall by natures hand, I lay motionless on my back.

I would introduce myself, but to the best of my knowledge my only designation is, that which has fallen. From an open window

“What value does a name carry? I never imagined not possessing one could cause so much agony. I guess names do have value, a certain human qualification is having a name. We project this necessity upon pets and animals, but do they know any of its significance. Or do dogs merely respond to the sound that they have become accustomed to meaning, “you”. Names have intrinsic human value.

On the other hand titles carry very little meaning. They are designed to categories us into sections of distinction. One human is better than the other human being. Sir, Lord, and Dr., all pronouns meaning that creature there is more distinguished than you.

Don’t you agree doctor?”

The calm doctor took no offense but was slightly unsettled by this indirect attack on his qualifications, “I see your point about knight ship and nobility, but why categories doctors in as well. M.D.’s go to years of school so that they may gain a knowledge and expertise to deal with matters that others cannot.”

“Maybe it’s the drugs talking, I can’t do any more today can I please rest”

Would you die to prove your innocence, or spend a life time in cold isolation locked away. Would you exist in a continuous loop .?

No comments: