Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Meaning (Poem)

Today is not your day. Nor his nor hers nor mine

What lays beyond the sunrise, light will soon unwind

We have but the passing hours, a bowl of space and time

To look each other in the eye whether our stares be cruel or kind

And in your weary lids I, beauty there I find

We are but one of a kind

Trapped in eternities rhyme

Today belongs to her, can you hear her celebratory cheer

With each passing day, passes a week, a month, a year

Old and almost through, we hold on to the last of what still remains

Before she controlled most, now she controls the reigns

She steers us out, out and far away

We turn to look, and see another day

She rides us further now, light is bleak

Glimpsing back I see a week

A year, a decade, my whole life

Appears in our trails, our unholy strife

We stop and she disappears

I take my time and revert the tears

What was it that I did with my journey?

The trail behind seems so dreary

I wasted the trail thinking about the waterfall

And now standing upon it a millennia tall

I realize the trail way down below

Was greater than this goal

She reappears and takes me back

She had shown me what I truly lack

And now I live my years in bliss

Not wondering where the days went, but asking what should I do on a day like this

No comments: